Each translation should have its own page. List should be generated automatically as a list of translation pages with help of Semantic Mediawiki. List should have link to translation page, download link, filter version and author.
The aim is to ease translation publication, so translation authors may not wait for the next release to publish their work.
- Create translation page template.
- Language (human-readable) (written on the language itself?)
- Language code?
- File link
- Filter version
- Write help on posting and editing translations.
- Create pages for existing translations.
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|How to name and update translation files?||0||03:23, 22 April 2011|
 Single file per language
- Easy to track the history of the translation
- Easy to update the translation: Translator takes the last version, updates it and puts back.
- Hard to find translation for the specific version
- Collision is possible when 2 translators update the same file.
 One file per language per version
- Easy to find the translation for the version user searches for.
- Hard to keep all files in sync. When one author updates a rtanslation for a specific version, all subsequent versions must be updated too. It's a hard work.
 No strict rules for naming files
- Authors are not limited in any way and may create several translations for the same language.
- Hard to keep all files in sync. When one author updates a translation for a specific version, all subsequent versions must be updated too. It's a hard and error-prone work.