- FFMPEG updated to v1.1.4
- Use FFMPEG for AAC decoding (should be less crashes because faad bugs).
- SPDIF/AC3 encoder: encode 5.1 with back channels (used by flac for instance) like 5.1 with side channels (standard for ac3).
- Serbian language added (thanks to Rancher).
- Languages updated: Basque (thanks to Xabier Aramendi), Chineese (thanks to PoYang).
- Bug fixed: some languages was reset to english after restart.
- Installer: /noicons option works now
- FFMPEG is used for DTS decoding.
- Better decoding quality for EAC3 and OGG Vorbis.
- Correct SPDIF output status.
- No freeze after pause in WMP.
- More speaker layouts.
- ACM driver crash fixed (thanks to maxsmi).
- AC3 SPDIF passthrough fixed.
- Basque language added (thanks to Xabier Aramendi!).
- Translations updated: Finnish (thanks to Kristian Epäilys), Bulgarian (thanks to Georgi Barzev)
- Dolby TrueHD support
- ACM 64bit works now
- Several bugs leading to crash fixed.
- Translations updated: Slovak (thanks to Artam), French (thanks to Philippe AGUESSE)
- OGG Vorbis support.
- ACM driver works again (was broken in v2.0a).
- Several bugs leading to crash fixed.
- Equalizer crash fixed. Thanks to all who report bugs.
- HDMV LPCM support (it was noise).
- 8 channels support
- PCM Double output support
- DTS-MA (core only), AAC, EAC3, FLAC, MP3 decoding support
- Completely new bass redirection:
- better filtering (4th order Linkwitz-Riley)
- option to redirect bass to front speakers
- Single icon per application
- Online help
- Crash report
- Set filter language from the installer
- Portuguese, thanks to Manuela Silva
- Turkish, thanks to AltanEdip
- Dutch, thanks to Ernst Klamer
- Bulgarian, thanks to Георги Бързев
- Ukrainian, thanks to Michael Vigovsky
- AC3 decoding bug fixed (Issue 1)
- Channel order bug fixed (issue 43)
- Remote control using messages
- Write version number to the registry on install (issue 17)
- Command line interface for AC3Config utility (run ac3config /? for help)
- Swedish translation added (thanks to Niclas Burgren)
- French language updated (thanks to Philippe AGUESSE)
- Precise PCM passthrough
- Fixed: Noise on LPCM 20/24bit tracks
- Fixed: Delay settings did not work after restart.
- German translation updated (thanks to Philipp Wode)
- Japan translation added (thanks to tnetsixenon)
- Clear DirectShow filter cache on install and uninstall
- Fixed: Matrix was not saved
- Fixed: Popping sound when seeking DTS/WAV or AC3/WAV file
- Translations updated: Slovak (thanks to Artam), Spanish (thanks to Ferny)
- Major change in this version is x64 support.
- Now filter is distributed in several editions: Full, Lite and Win9x. What's the difference between AC3Filter editions?
- Much work with equalizer. Now you can work with each channel individually and with all channels at once. You can see the equalizer's real frequency response, and build your own equalizers with custom frequency bands up to one hertz precise.
- Spectrum is now synchronized with audio playback. Also, you can see the spectrum of individual channels.
- Translated to Greek (thanks to Peter Perdik and Dimitrios Topouzidis) and Slovenian (thanks to DarkHand).
- Installer is localized now.
- CPU usage takes in account number of processors
- Center, Voice and LFE levels are synchronized across Mixer and Gains pages
- 'Decoder info' box did not work sometimes
- Slovak, Spanish and Italian translations updated
- Spectrum analyzer
- Sample rate conversion
- spdif_test utility
- New and updated translations
- Old bugs killed, new made :)
- AC3 encoder bitrate is now ajustable
- Korean translation added (thanks to starcodec)
- Upmixing of Dolby Surround files works now (thanks to Stefan Schott)
- MPEG Audio Joint stereo playback fixed (thanks to Daniel Bechter)
- Problem with decimal point in mixing matrix on some non-english Windows (thanks to Marcin Hencz)
- ACM codec is now included into the package
- Tab labels are now translatable
- All languages available so far integrated
- Avoid poEdit '\r' warning when creating a translation file
- Warning messages about dangerous options
- Loud noise was possible after output format switch or SPDIF state change
- Audio skips problem fixed once more
- Slovak by Artam
- Portuguese (Brazilian) by ReX
- Hungarian by Sziládi Zsolt
- Chinese (Simplified) by FSYX
- Italian by Gioxy
- German by Filico
- Polish by Łukasz Pasternak
- Spanish by Ferny
- Indonesian by Nicholas N.E
- French by GEKA2
- Localization support! Localization procedure is easy and can by done by everyone!
- Russian translation
- Fixed bug in AC3 decoder (audio skips). Thanks to Chris Meadowcroft!
- User manual fixed (broken in v1.35b)
- Mixing LFE channel into several channels preserves resulting loudness. LFE level now means gain relative to front channels.
- Fixed a bug in AC3 decoder (decoding of 4.1 and 3.1 AC3 files was affected). Thanks to Dietmar Kleiner for reporting and testing!
- Fixed a bug with fast playback of mono files in WMP
- Delay units works correctly in offline config utility
- SPDIF page added, all SPDIF-related options are moved there
- AC3Config utility supports themes
- Invert levels option to fix a bug with levels display in 3rd-party themes
- Default output format changed to stereo
- AC3 loudness increased by +6dB. Now it matches loudness of other decoders. I was noted about this problem a long time ago, but I wanted to be sure what I'm doing, because new version produces overflow with LOTS of movies. I checked everything and found that it is not a bug of the decoder, but mastering issues. Other decoders also produce the same overflow at the same places. Therefore, new version works as it must work. Some notes about how to handle these overflows you may read here: AC3 overflows in movies .
- Some Vista compatibility issues fixed (matrix editing works and gains are saved correctly). But problem with SPDIF output stays. I did some research and almost sure that problem is with sound card drivers.
- A small issue with WMP fixed: sometimes it made 2 tray icons.
- Now we can play multi-channel audio CD without any conversion! Just insert multi-channel CD into CD drive and open it with Windows Media Player or Media Player Classics. (Or you can use any other DirectShow media player that can playback AudioCD. Winamp IS NOT DirectShow player and does not work!)
- Also, we can playback .wav files ripped from multi-channel CD (that produced just noise before) without any conversion!
- New method of DTS over SPDIF passthrough allows to transmit DTS streams that was impossible to transmit before!
- Fixed work with 14-bit DTS files that was played back incorrectly (like fast forward).
- SPDIF input support. This will allow to decode external SPDIF source at future...
- Now filter saves output settings to preset. So now you can create presets with different output configurations.
- Tray icon and some other options display fixed
- Fixed crash with TMPGEnc
Work on stability continues. Now filter shows good stability, therefore its status changes to beta and it may be recommended to replace any previous version.
Some additional work was done:
- Tray icon to access filter's settings from players that do not allow to configure filters.
- Sometimes SPDIF mode cannot be set because of post-processing filters that do not support SPDIF output. Now it's an additional option to force this problem. Read here for more info. (Thanks to LESAGE Aurelien for testing)
- DivX player now works with SPDIF
Known problems still not fixed:
- AC3 encode mode does not work with some receivers
- Incorrect playback of some 14bit DTS files
- DivX Player compatibility
- Audio/Video sync option works again
More work with player compatibility.
Most problems with compatibility with different players was fixed at v1.07a. I hope that this version will work flawlessly with most players. If you have problems with AC3Filter and your favorite player, please report at support forum! It is the best way to eliminate the problem!